Hybrid Dual Degree – M.Sc. in Practical Ministry & PhD in Christian Counseling
These Dual Degree provide the student with advanced study in biblical psychology, in-depth knowledge of the scripture & selected psychotherapies.
When you enroll in the hybrid dual degree program you will graduate with two degrees – Masters in Practical Ministry and Doctor of Philosophy in Christian Counseling.
The Masters of Arts in Practical Ministry equips students for teaching ministries in churches, Bible institutes and other ministry settings. This graduate program offers several concentrations, each with a unique curriculum.
The PhD in Christian Counseling is designed for counselors, pastors, and educators who are seeking advanced knowledge and practical competence in Christian counseling. The student will critically interact with contemporary developments in Christian counseling and selected psychotherapies.
Careers include Pastoral Ministry, Church Management, Youth Ministry, Private Practice, Teachers in Schools, Hospital, Non-profit service, Church, Behavior healthcare organizations.
What you’ll learn
- Understand congregational growth and development.
- Skills and knowledge needed to effectively serve in parishes, dioceses or other ministerial settings.
- Prepares students to increase competence and understanding in the Word of God by utilizing basic methods of biblical interpretation.
- Understand old and new testament backgrounds.
- Understand Pastoral counseling.
- Church History & Renewal.
- Methodical study of Scripture.
- Preaching that connects with the congregation.
- Enable students to integrate biblical and theological understanding with practical ministry strategies.
- Counseling ethics and disorders.
- Integrate basic psychological theories with the scriptures.
- Advanced knowledge and skills to become an effective Christian Counselor.
- Psychological Learning processes.
- Understand Christian counseling and family therapy.
- Development of the student’s personal life and ministry.
- Empower students for Christian counseling in the local church, private practice or mental health institution.
At YUAS, we are committed to preparing our students academically, spiritually and professionally.
For Questions, Scholarships or General Enquiries, CALL NOW 1-855-542-0273
- BIBL 516 Advanced Homiletics Course
- BIBL 518 Advanced Hermeneutics Course
- CBUS 543 Advanced Business Course
- BIBM 541 Congregational Growth & Development Course
- BIBM 545 Preaching that Connects Course
- BIBM 548 Pastoral Counseling Course
- BIBL 631 Principles of Biblical Interpretation Course
- BIBM 613 Christ & Culture: Eternity & Time Course
- PSYC 619 Psychology: Learning Process Course
- COUS 657 Counseling Ethics & Disorders Course
- COUS 658 Principles of Counseling Course
- CBUS 612 Business Models: Networking/Innovating/Globalizing
- LEAD 627 Leadership & Reconciliation Course
- COUS 659 Advanced Counseling Course
- PSYC 643 Psychology: Intelligence & Language Course